That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

closest things to drive-ins I can find

On my to-do list for the past several summers has been to eat at the top of the Hotel Washington. It's an old hotel with a restaurant on it's rooftop terrace overlooking the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Potomac. I haven't been in many years and have been talking about it with Julie. Before she gets married, I was going to take her out to a romantic dinner there with me. Well...apparently it is closed for renovation and will reopen with the name 'W.' Lame.

I realize I must plan ahead and carpe the diem a little better, so here is a list of current summer festivities in which I might want to partake. If you know of any other happenings, please tell me and I will add them if they sound interesting. Also, let me know if you know of any other rooftop dining options in DC.


Folklife Festival: June 25-29, July 2-6
DC

Bee Movie (I hear it's good) at the Lakefront: July 7
Columbia

Artscape (feat. Ne-Yo on the 19th): July 18-20
Baltimore

restaurant week: July 26 or August 3
Baltimore

The Apartment at Screen on the Green: August 4
DC

Cinderella Man at the Open Air Film Festival: August 22
Baltimore

2 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

I don't know of any other rooftop restaurants in DC, but you could pack a nice picnic and have dinner atop my work building. It's not too bad of a view.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger scott said...

ooh there's also Flicks on the Hill at the American Visionary Art Museum.. tonight is the Sound of Music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home