That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, May 05, 2008

too bad my typing skills ruin my Scramble game

I love competition. Usually this is in relation to word games. You know - Taboo, Speed Scrabble, Boggle. I played a few mean games of Speed Scrabble this weekend, I must say. One of my other favorite parts of the weekend was the competition among a group of boys. It started with me flinging caterpillars onto rocks to see if they would survive. It then became 'who can hit the caterpillar with a smaller rock?' and 'who can shotput a large rock directly onto a caterpillar?' or 'decapetillar' as Alexis called it. I like a group of people who can turn everything into a game. The best was standing on a dock watching the group at a distance during their rock-skipping competition. It was pretty intense. They lined up about 20 different stones and had a draft beforehand. Sometimes when guys get together, you can imagine them all as 8 year old boys. I don't say that to sound condescending. Some of my best memories are of being 8 years old and making up games outside by the water. At that point, I didn't exactly like boys, but oh well. Now they're good to have around.

Just a moment of appreciation for the opposite sex.

5 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

I wish we had videotaped the whole event. And one of these days I will be able to catch up to you in speed scrabble.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

oh and thanks. girls aren't so bad either.

 
At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah that was a fun day--I think everyone enjoyed it a lot.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Seye said...

dont taze me bro

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i do not think killing caterpillars sounds fun. i am a pass a fist.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home