That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I like pickles

So I have a student; we'll call him Joey. Perhaps you have heard of him before. He's the one who thinks of a rap song for everything I say. Ex:

me: What rhymes with hat?
Joey: Tat tat tat it up...

He is a character. Yesterday I found a paper turned in with the name 'Bob' on it. As I went through the stack, I found another paper that said 'Bob' from the day before. The culprit was clear.

Today, Joey was coloring. He came up to me and asked, How do you spell Victor? I thought maybe he was drawing something for a student named Victor, but then it clicked.
me: No, you are not Victor. You are not Bob. You are Joey.
He just grinned at me.

Also, I have to give the kids first grade tests, because the county is all about acceleration. Joey hates doing any kind of assessment with me and pretty much bawls his eyes out every time he has to. Anyways, looking through a math test booklet, this is what I find:

question: A tricycle has 3 wheels. A bike has 2 wheels. How many wheels are on 2 tricycles and 1 bike. Use words, pictures, or numbers to show how you found your answer.
answer: Hot wheels

This kid will go far in life, but not without a lot of tears.

3 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Blogger DK said...

That was a laugh out loud moment! And so I did - every time I read it. Thanks for that!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

the kid is a genius.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is why i almost changed my major to early childhood... and now look at me, teaching 5th grade next year, yikes!
-c

 

Post a Comment

<< Home