That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

I'm keeping the name tag

This whole thing started as a way to entertain myself at work. And now, it has come full circle. I have worked at the Chapel for the last time ever. I have congratulated my last bride there, chased out the last bird, filled the last oil candle, cleaned up the last poop, mopped up the last leak, called building security for the last time, answered my last phone call, done my last cartwheel, climbed up the bell tower for the last time, ignored the last groomsman, and locked the last door.

Wow. That's kind of sad. Oh well, you can't do the same thing forever. I'm ready to move on, and it's fitting that on the last day of work, I welcomed my good friend Christina/Nina to her rehearsal. And that her wedding was the first I had ever attended there as a guest. I like full circle things. I like completion.

Goodbye, Memorial Chapel. I will miss you, and all your crazy stunts.

6 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anna. Not sure how to contact you -- no email address on the blog, probably to ward off people like me ;)

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying some land around Stiles and was checking around, courtesy of google, on what people had to say. You seem to be a big fan -- soapsud visions, no less -- but I was wondering whether you think the lake has gotten a little overbuilt. It seems like the only clear land, where you're not bumping elbows with your neighbors, is on one of the islands (Ropeswing Island? is there really a rope swing there?).

If you get a chance, please send me a note at ckwlaw@hotmail.com.

Thanks

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger peter hafer said...

i hope your posting schedule will not mirror seye's recent negligence!

and in other news, how are you? i dont believe we have gotten to chat in a while. thats a shame.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

update!


or else...

 
At 2:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just spent some time catching up on your blog (and avoiding bed, which is stupid, because I work in the morning) and discovered that you're living in Greenbelt?! Me too! Well, for another 5 weeks at least. I'm about a mile past the Safeway on Hanover Parkway.

Hope we have some time to catch up soon and that your neighbors lighten up a little!

- Emily

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting first post. The internet is truly an informative and sometimes scary place. Who would have thought that someone would know about and search for information about Stiles. Is there even land to buy there anymore?
Mom

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger charlie said...

you need that straight new update joint.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home