That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

you know you miss the turtle

It's been a long time. I'm surprised you are still here, reading this thing.

Excuse #1: I was away at the shore with a friend's family this past week. It was wonderful. I cannot, however, show you any pictures, as I have no internet access on my computer, which brings me to excuse #2.

Excuse #2: I have no internet access on my computer.

Yes, I am now in fact using Laura's computer. She is picking up wireless from somewhere in the building. I hope the neighbors don't mind. Especially if it's the neighbors downstairs. They left us a slightly cordial, run-on-filled letter this morning after banging on the ceiling last night. Apparently walking around quietly in slippered feet and setting two bottles of lotion on a dresser translates through the floors to "walking around heavily...and also moving things around."

Boooo.

Usually, any place is home to me. For the past five years of my life, I have moved every year. And every place qualifies as home. Suddenly, I have found myself in a place that is not home. Maybe it's because I feel like I have to tiptoe around and can never truly relax. Maybe it's because I have only one roommate, instead of many friends or family members surrounding me. Maybe it's because Columbia held my community of people, and College Park did also, but Greenbelt does not.

Maaaayybe it's bad karma to just air this all out, and I should focus instead on making this into a positive experience. In that spirit, we have a cool balcony, new carpeting and appliances, a large living room, a dishwasher, a responsive maintenance crew, good-sized bedrooms, lots of closet space, and Mr. Poopers.

Wow, this place sounds good. You should totally come visit. And if you plan on staying past the hours of 11 pm on weekdays and 12 am on weekends, please tread lightly.

5 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

hey, i've really been getting into this "river dancing by the moonlight" thing... maybe we can try it out at your apartment sometime.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger charlie said...

you should tell those people under you to go straight to hell.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Elli said...

I really want to come visit you soon! I will tread lightly, like a ballerina. I hope it starts to feel like home soon!

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Änna said...

sounds good

I hope so too. I think it will

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger scott said...

responding to both this post and the subsequent one.. maybe your apartment will become the place to be from 8:30 to 9 on thursdays?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home