That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

the day's just begun

You ever have one of those days? Where your full-length mirror breaks on your floor, bringing you not only 7 years of bad luck, but tiny shards of glass all in your carpet, then you wake up the next morning to find that your car's been towed, for the second time in a month?

Okay, so it wasn't really towed, but I specifically parked in one of the lots they told me I could use, since they would be repaving mine today. Then they decide to start with a different lot, instead, and moved all the cars there. Can they legally do that? Pick up and move my car with no permission? I should sue. Instead, when Laura and I believed our cars had been taken, I made an angry call to the management. It went a little something like this:

me: Hi, I'm calling because my car has been towed, because of the repaving. I parked at building 9.
calm lady: Okay, let me see. Today they should be working on buildings 6 and 7.
me: That's what the paper you gave out said, but they are working on 9, and my car is gone.

calm lady: Okay, well we didn't know about that. A lady called about this yesterday, and her car was just in another lot.
me: Well, I guess I'll just go wander the lots, searching for my car.
calm lady: It will probably be there.
me: I thank you for the information, but I am still a little angry, because you should know about that. They should not be doing anything you don't know about.
calm lady: I understand, but sometimes they have to make a quick decision.
me: Oh yeah, I'm sure it was very quick when they had to take the time to tow every single car that was in the lot before getting started. They must have been so busy, that they didn't have time to make a call to your office. It must have been truly necessary for them start on that lot instead of the one they had ACTUALLY AGREED TO. And by the way, this happened YESTERDAY TOO? What kind of screwed up operation are you running here?

Okay, so I didn't say any of that last line. But I should have.

8 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Esthertainment said...

you would have if you had balls.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Esthertainment said...

...that wasn't meant to sound mean....I'm not sure HOW it was supposed to sound.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger peter hafer said...

im actually suprised by the size of her gonads in what she did say. i would probably only be able muster a passive agressive "thank you".

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Änna said...

why does bravery have to be a masculine thing? why don't we say, "grow some ovaries, and just do it!" or "I can't believe you just said that. what a uterus!"

let's all start

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

i find that threats of physical violence work best to get what you want over the phone.
gonads are a plus, too.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger charlie said...

i like to say 'grow a pair'

it's pretty good.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger peter hafer said...

because "its a maaaans world" -some song

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how bout, "way to speak your mind and fight for yourself!" but when it does come to cowardly men, i do like to tell them 'grow a pair!'. i dunno what i say to women. probably the same thing cuz i think it's funny to say to a woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home