That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Creepy McNotmytype


Working at the Chapel has its benefits, but having a job where you prance around in pretty outfits all day at weddings also has some drawbacks. One such drawback is that it somehow makes groomsmen/photographers/ushers/random family members think that it is a good thing to do to hit on you. And the vast majority of these people are way too old for you. And you can't give them that "leave me alone now" attitude, because half your job is to be hospitable and friendly with people. I haven't given anyone that attitude in a long time anyway. I don't think.

I don't know what it is about weddings, but it seems to be prime time for flirting with random girls you don't know. Maybe people just get lonely watching the bride and groom being all (hopefully) joyous together. Maybe it's just the atmosphere...love is in the air, everyone is looking their best. Maybe it's the fact that these people are back on a college campus and reminiscing about their time there or thinking that it will therefore be easy to pick up girls.

Whatever the reason, let me save you the trouble...
Yes, I am still in college.
No, I am not going to the reception. How clever.
No, you may not take a picture of me standing by the window. I'm working here - not posing for whatever creepy reason you asked.
No, I do not want to go out for coffee any time.
No, I will not call you but thanks for your business card. I'll let you know if I ever need a Network Security Engineer.

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

or they hit on you cuz you're also very cute... ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home