That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, April 14, 2008

ode to the baby

I don't know you yet, but I'm sure you are cool.
You'll be little and shaky and covered in drool.
You won't yet know your hand from your foot.
Though someday those two, in your mouth you will put.


You'll sit there and cry, with tightly clenched hands.
Unable to talk, you will make your demands.
And all will come running to be at your side.

At your tiniest squeak, they will swell up with pride.

You're brain's not developed, nor is your skull,
But no one would ever declare that you're dull,
Cause you've got admirers from coast to coast.
And they'll fight over who gets to hold you the most.


Your face will be scrunchy; your gums will be bare.
I'm not really sure if you'll have any hair.
But you've got a mom, and a dad oh so proud.
And before you start thinking that 3 is a crowd,
Just wait 'til you meet us,
From East Coast to West,
I'm sure you'll agree - a big family's best.

I'm anxious to meet you. We all feel the same.
Only one question left...
What is your name??

4 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger DK said...

You always know how to touch me. Thanks for the lift at the end of a hard day. You'll make a great auntie.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Such wisdom, one would think you've been an auntie before. I love it, you're such a talented writer. I can't wait to find out his name either! When will your first visit be?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger Pat said...

Love your poetry and more-so your love for family! Remember to take a long layover in MPLS if you go out to see your nephew. We miss you all!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger DK said...

BeMa and BePa say to tell you that I can't wait to meet you, Aunt Brita and Uncle Jan. I am very cute, they tell me, and by the time you get here I will be awake more often and be more social. I've been a little tired lately from my birth ordeal but am getting a little less sleepy. I like to look into your eyes and make you melt. See you on the 8th; I think that's what Mommy said. I love you already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home