That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

we should totally carpool

Every day, I drop Becky off downtown on my way to work. During this trip, we often see the same people, such as a man with an Obama basket on his bike, or a blind couple. They are my favorite, because they are always together with their white canes. No seeing eye dogs or sighted people, just each other.

After Becky's safely at work, I head down to Columbia, about half an hour away. On this leg of the route, I often see the same vehicle: a red XTerra with a "Play Rugby" sticker and a giant red Transformers sticker in the back window. I frequently follow the XTerra down 95, and one day I noticed that it made all the same turns I did, and continued down Old Columbia Road past my school. What are the odds.

Today, the XTerra and I crossed paths on my way to drop Becky off, and I told her how it was my commute buddy. Turns out the driver lives in north Baltimore too! I pulled in front of it and checked out the driver at a stop light. He looks like a man in his mid 30's with brown hair and glasses. I decided right then and there that he would find out about our matching commutes. Chances are he hasn't noticed my silver Elantra yet. I turned around and waved at Transformer Guy. He just ignored me and took an alternate route to get around the road work downtown. I tried to catch up with him, but alas, he drives way too fast (which, of course, I already knew).

It doesn't matter. Now I'm on a mission. Every chance I get, I will make Transformer Guy notice me. I will follow him, pull in front of him, turn around, wave....all the way from St. Paul to Old Columbia. Soon he will realize what I have known all along, and it will all be worth it.

Until we meet again, TG.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Claire said...

haha, i love stuff like that.
best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home