That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

show some respect for the snow code

Well, in anticipation of being trapped on 32nd Street again and my school not closing on Thursday or Friday even though the rest of the state did...I opted to spend the rest of the week in Columbia for easy work access. This has some pros and some cons...

cons:
  • If school does end up closing, and I am down here for no particular reason, I will be angry.
  • I will miss my roommates.
  • I will miss everyone being out in the streets all day.
  • When I finally go back this weekend, there will be no parking spot for me. (And a big 'Thank You Very Much!' to the red Mercury who stole our chair and our well-earned spot this morning, ya idiot.)
pros:
  • The plows actually came here, and they left a killer snowbank out of which I can make the best igloo ever for Johann, who arrives with parents in tow on Friday.
  • If work is not cancelled, I can go in instead of wasting another one of my days off.
  • My parents have lots of food.

Overall, though, I do love blizzards. A bunch of fluffy, white, soft stuff falls from the sky, and life as we know it comes to a standstill. It doesn't hurt anyone; it's not a natural disaster; it just makes things...stop. And all your plans go out the window. That's pretty fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home