That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

like coming home

One way to tell that the gorgeous weather is lifting my spirits: I start speaking to my children in accents more often, for no apparent reason. Today I tried out Scottish.

I try to be positive and calm all the time, but there's no way around it - long stretches of dreary, cold weather make me more irritable. I guess it's good to notice that, but it doesn't make it easy to change. I like to think that the good days when I find it more natural to be cheery are revealing the true me - my true personality and teaching style. Then I can grab onto it and keep it even when the clouds and wind come back.

I'm not speaking in metaphors here, but I might as well be.

I want to get a sleeve tattoo of Massachusetts scenes or motifs. I'm still waiting on the perfect inspiration.







4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger JessPatton said...

Winter makes me irritable - I'm sorry :( I'm glad you're enjoying the nice weather, and I always think you're nice!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Änna said...

Don't tell Miss Jessica! She's so sweet!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

I vote "no" on using the first picture. While it is a great image, I think it would be kind of weird to have a picture of your brother tattooed on your body.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Änna said...

But you don't think it could be incorporated with a bunch of other images?

Maybe I'll just start with a lobster going around my arm. Then more could be added later, but a lobster could still stand alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home