That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

rock chair

Today was gorgeous. I could've worn a coat, but I decided just a sweater would do. I went for a walk on Hopkins' campus, where some guys were playing lacrosse with no shirts on. For real? I mean, I know it's a little warmer today, but it's not shirtless weather. I know how it is, though. In College Park, people were wearing shorts as soon as possible. By early April, LaPlata Beach would be covered with girls in bikinis. Everyone was so desperate for the carefree feeling of spring that they kind of ignored staying warm. I miss those days.

Even now, as I walked across unfamiliar quads looking up at the blue sky, I could feel myself internally shouting Skirts! Flip flops! Outdoor movies! Picnics! Farmer's markets! Homemade sangria! Hiking! Rock formations!

I ended up in the BMA's sculpture garden, which I didn't know existed. It's now my new favorite spot in the neighborhood. It was beautiful, and there were so many people out - reading, holding hands, chasing siblings, finding rocks and moss, laughing while talking about mortgages. They were all so happy. I tried to be still and have a nice meditative silence, but I couldn't. I could feel everyone's energy and my mind was racing. Behind all my thoughts was the constant beat: Skirts! Flip flops! Outdoor movies! Picnics! Farmer's markets! Homemade sangria! Hiking! Rock formations!

I love spring, and I love life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home