That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, March 06, 2010

great HR, great system

Welcome to my own edition of Seriously!?

A few months ago, I applied through an online application system to a certain school district that will remain unnamed. After I applied, I was supposed to be able to view certain things online that weren't showing up. I emailed their application help address to verify that my stuff was received, and got no reply. Several weeks later, I received an email to all applicants, stating that I would need to reapply on their new system and all the old information was basically thrown out.

Seriously!? You're a system in desperate need of good teachers and you are actually throwing away applications? Really?

So, the new system was supposed to be effective March 1st. I signed in today to reapply. I received an error message saying the website was down for "System Maitenance."

System MAITENANCE? Seriously? Your brand new system that was so important you had to get rid of the old one for it is malfunctioning? And you can't even spell the error message correctly? Really!!?

Diligent person that I am, I decided to call up this unnamed system and ask what they would have me do to ensure that I can get my foot in the door of their crummy, crummy human resources department. All I heard was, You have reached a nonworking number.

SERIOUSLY!!??

5 Comments:

At 12:30 AM, Blogger KGoth said...

Kiiiinda gives you a taste of what you might have to deal with if teaching in that system. Right?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Änna said...

Eeeexactly. And yet, don't the children there still need teachers? And I want to live and work int he same place...oy, I don't know.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger scott said...

you should write Andres Alonso a letter! seriously

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger Änna said...

I signed up to receive information about volunteering on their farm, and they never gave me any information. Instead, I was put on Alonso's mailing list. Idiot.

Anyway, it appears the system is up and running now.

If I do end up working there, remind me to delete these comments.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Claire said...

hahahha. oh jeeze anna!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home