That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

think of all the fun you could have...

You know, I kind of like going to the grocery store a night before a big snowstorm. It's good people-watching. One guy was wearing a red fez tonight. You also get to make small talk with people in the neighborhood and gain insight into how people view snow in Maryland. For instance, the guy next to me must have thought he wouldn't be able to leave the house for the entire week, because his cart was filled to the top and included several jars of pasta sauce, a few gallons of milk, and six frozen cakes and pies. He looked like a contestant on Supermarket Sweep, which is fortunate, because I have been wanting to mention it in this blog lately.

4 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I forced Jessica to go to the store with me after our training today, and I was yelling directions across the crowd to her: "left, higher, Philadelphia, no little container". As she made her way back to the cart I told her how we should have been on supermarket sweeps, we would have taken it home. I suppose great minds think alike;)

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Änna said...

Oh, I would be terrible on that show. I wandered the aisles tonight just trying to find the canned beans, and I gave up on finding vinegar entirely. It was a lost cause.

Also, I edited my original post, cause I had made it sound like the guy ONLY had those items in his cart, but he had much more.

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger B said...

Hahaha, I'm actually pretty sad I'm not snowed in in MD this weekend. I mean, it's nice that the trees are budding and blossoming here and all, but I miss a good snow day with friends (and sisters!)

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger JessPatton said...

Haha, I was just about to leave the same comment that Ayla left! It was an adventure. We passed one guy with 5 loaves of bread!!! Also, one woman rammed Ayla with her cart in the dairy aisle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home