That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, May 03, 2009

seams in hose often crooked

I'm not sure what the purpose of this 1939 pamphlet was - to prove which spouse was responsible for the marriage's problems? Either way, it makes for some entertaining reading 70 years later.


I find it interesting that most of the items relate to outward appearances and pet peeves, like how to squeeze the toothpaste or whether or not you wear curlers around the house. Were these really considered the most important pieces of a marriage back then? What would a test like this look like today? I think things are based more on personal compatibility surrounding beliefs, personality, and values, if you think about something like eHarmony or Match. Overall, that sounds like a good transition.

But still, squeeze the toothpaste from the bottom, please.

6 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Anonymous Julie said...

where did you find this?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

and I'm a horrible wife

 
At 11:12 PM, Blogger Änna said...

I found it while stalking someone I sort of know. Then I googled the title and found the entire thing on flickr.

And I don't know, Kirsten, does Chris ever leave his shoes in the living room? Demerit!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh my god, hysterical. i only wear red nail polish.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"talks of the efficiency of his stenographer or other women" hahahaha

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Esthertainment said...

this is incredible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home