That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

hopefully my manly voice would not be a deterrent

Inspired by a few recent conversations with friends, I have begun to think again about my dream job. There is a show on PBS called Globe Trekker, in which a traveller goes to a certain country or city, stays in hostels, tastes local fare, participates in either tourist-y or local activities, and hosts what ultimately becomes an hour or half-hour long documentary-like show.

For the past 5 years of my life, this has been my ideal. I have on several occasions checked their website to see if there is some sort of application or information about employment opportunities with Globe Trekker or Pilot Guides, the parent company I suppose. I hadn't found anything as of a few years ago, last time I checked.

Today I took a look at the
Globe Trekker host bios to see what the common denominator was. I guess several of them have some communications or extensive travel background, but the main thing they have in common is that they are well-rounded and infinitely cooler than me.

I finally found some application guidelines. Basically, there are absolutely no 'requirements.' They just want someone interesting who presents well on camera. I just have to
submit an under 5 minute video of me doing...pretty much anything while talking to the camera. I never minded performing, but I don't do creativity under pressure very well.

Any ideas for my entry video??? I need help!

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger peter hafer said...

if you rode a horse onto the screen and then got bucked off and got up and just starting talking - you'd be a shoe in! atleast i would love it. or better yet, a unicorn!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home