That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

oh the fam

I haven't been on a family vacation since I was maybe 10 years old. I mean, we go to Massachusetts every year, but that's just lounging by the lake and fulfilling traditions that I look forward to all year. I'm not really a sightseer/tourist kinda girl. We haven't been on a family vacation with an itinerary in years, but in August, my parents, my brother, and I are going to visit my sister in Redwood City, which is right outside of San Francisco. At dinner tonight, we were discussing all the things we were going to do. Hike Half Dome in Yosemite (I don't think I can do it!), ride the cable cars, go to Sausalito, go to Monterey, go to wine tastings. I like to do relaxing things...like maybe swim in Lake Tahoe or picnic and watch the seals....not drive somewhere, take pictures, and leave. We've been discussing the plans almost every time we get together.

Mom: Well I just have one thing that would make me happy.
me: I know, that we all get along.
Mom: Exactly, I don't want any arguing while we're there.
me: Now do you mean arguing...or witty banter? [cause sometimes that upsets her]
Jan: Oh, the witty banter can't be denied.

First vacation together as adults, or mostly adults...this could be interesting.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

cool...
san fran = fun city to just enjoy and take in

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Änna said...

yeah I've actually been there before...so I've done most of the stuff

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jules said...

I think you can do half dome. I really want to go back to Yosemite to do that.... I am so glad you are going!! I love CA :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home