That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

adventures of a damsel in distress

I try to be a competent, smart, strong, independent woman. One thing I'm really good at is opening jars. When I imagine my future husband and I living in a house together, I always picture him having trouble opening the pickle jar. I'll reach out my hand, he'll hand me the jar, and in one liquid motion, I'll finesse the lid off the jar, so my husband can enjoy a nice crisp, dill, Claussen pickle, cause he sure does love his pickles. I think this is a pretty accurate picture, because I really am good at opening jars.

However, when you get right down to it, I am a helpless girl, fitting most of the stereotypes I despise. I really hate to admit it. I shouldn't even bother trying to keep up the image that I'm not a pathetic girl, because everyone on 95 saw right through me today. I was just driving along, and suddenly I got a flat tire, so I pulled off the road, ready to fix it. I went to unscrew the spare from the trunk. But...I couldn't even manage to get it unscrewed. Neither direction seemed to be working, so i just gave up. Armed with no cell phone, there was nothing for me to do but turn to the crowded highway in my little dressy work skirt and wave someone down. So two men had to stop and change it for me, and I had to use this dude's cell phone.

Flash back about a month, and you'd see me sitting in a random church parking lot, with another flat tire, waiting for Andy to come fix it. That's right, my friend's boyfriend came to fix my tire. You'd think by now I'd have learned. I mean I know how to change a tire, but I'm not sure I could actually carry it out. Cause I tried today. Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but it just goes to show you, I'm a wimpy little girl in a pretty little skirt and heels who doesn't know anything about cars and seems to have horrible horrible luck with them, and although I may have decent biceps, they're not fooling anyone.
What a disgrace.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

1. I think 'future picture' is hilarious... seems like something right out of Full House

2. I believe you're taking a couple of cases and blowing it out of proportion. Everybody has to be dependent in some sort of way, but subsequently we each have our strengths. Anyway, I also think sometimes not fitting certain stereotypes is a difficult thing... so sometimes those gifts are something to be thankful for. I'm being really vague.

3. Climbing gets you buff

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Änna said...

Full House? you just ruined it for me! I'm no Aunt Becky!

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I got a flat tire, my dad actually drove down from Pennsylvania that weekend to fix it for me. I know how to change a tire too, but I don't have the body mass to unscrew the nuts. Even standing on the - uhh, tire thing? - didn't loosen anything.

So try not to feel too bad, although you could always get a pay-as-you-go cell phone and keep it in your car for emergencies.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Jules said...

well, Zach didnt wave down a passerby but he did call me the time when there wasnt a shoulder for his van.... so dont feel bad anna ;)
I should clarify that he called me for a ride- not to fix the tire....

And those tires can be hard to get out. Once we got the tire out but couldnt get the lift out so we had to call AAA and they couldnt get it out so they used the one they had...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home