That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

I happen to know it's asinine

pieces of today:
  • watched this in church
    I normally don't like cartoons, but I laughed a lot - sometimes just at the fact that we were watching GodTube.
  • also in church, sat in front of the whisperers
    This couple holds 5-minute-long conversations under their breath while someone is preaching. Just because you are quiet does not mean you are not distracting. I did the slight head turn to hint at the fact that everyone could hear them, but to no avail. The whisperers don't care. If it happens again, I'll do the full head turn and maybe even a polite request. Also, the lady whisperer's cell phone went off, and she left the sanctuary to answer it. Coming back in, she said, "That was so embarrassing. My phone never rings!" Hmm...maybe you should try turning it off; then it would actually never ring.
  • made a shirt out of a scarf
    Sundays used to be my 'go to work and stress out' days. Perhaps this year, they can be my 'creative outlet' days. Woohoo! The shirt didn't work out perfectly, but next time I will know how to do it better.
  • playing 'What Not to Wear' everywhere I go
    You may be familiar with my latest obsession. WNTW is practically always airing on TLC, so I watch it a lot. I am addicted and now view the world through the lenses of Stacy and Clinton's style rules. I am constantly thinking, "Wow, that lady should get a shirt that doesn't hug her so tightly, but rather an empire-waisted v-neck shirt that flows away from the tummy, in a pattern with saturated colors." My virtual makeovers are a constant source of entertainment...for me.

6 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Seye said...

I was a whisperer, a chuckler and a note passer in middle school. My friendsand I sat in the far back pugh area and one time this dude and his wife sat in front of us and got fed up with our distrations. He turns around and tells us to settle down because we were being disruptive in a very annoyed and belittling manner. I didn't like his tone nor his attitude so I apologized then i shot back at him and asked him to also stop distracting us as well by ceasing to rub/massage his wife's shoulders and neck and told him to save the affection for a private place. He was pretty embarrassed so every time I ran into him thereafter, he would never respond to my polite greetings... I was just a harmless 11-year old but I guess we got under his skin.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Änna said...

is that really the spelling of pew?

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Seye said...

Thank you oh god of proper spelling and grammar. And give us this day our daily bread.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Änna said...

yikes. I was asking a sincere question.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Claire said...

i spell it pugh... but that might be because i went to school with a kid whose last name was pugh... plus i cant spell.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Seye said...

Oops well google says it's "pew" to answer your question. I also knew somebody with the last name pugh so I assumed it was all the same. I just assume you know how to spell every word, if it's not too obscure. The word doesn't come up that often in writing or conversation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home