That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

which reminds me of this one part of Bee Movie...

So, I do have a job now. It's exhausting, but it's only my first week, so, no final comment yet. Three and four-year-olds tend to not listen a lot. Sometimes, they are awesome.

We were outside on the blacktop today, and I was conversing with one such kid about whether or not bees want people to take their honey. He claimed they do, because we don't have a lot of honey in our world, and the bees are making it for us right now. I conceded that the bees were in fact making honey as we spoke. He left, then came back after awhile, carrying two cups of water in his hands. I didn't want to get my hopes up that it was for me, because what preschooler thinks to bring a teacher some water? Buttercups that you saw growing by the sidewalk, sure, but water? Never happens. Sure enough, it was for me.

me: Oh my goodness! You are so thoughtful! Did you decide to bring that to me all by yourself?
bee kid: Yeah. It's really sunny out. I thought you looked a little sweaty, so you needed some water.

I could barely contain my newfound adoration for this person. Eventually, he went back to the water cooler to get himself another drink. As he walked away, he turned his face towards me, lifted his empty cup and shouted, If you need any more water, just call me.

Phenomenal.

8 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Blogger Claire said...

holy cow, i think i just died a little over your story... in a good way.

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger scott said...

that is so cute. and kind of funny that he called you sweaty.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

Wow, where was he made?

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger E.Kitchens said...

I hope the world does not destroy the greatness living in that little boy.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

Stunning. That alone makes your job choice a good one. Hopefully that little guy has more gems in store for you!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger peter hafer said...

maybe he deserves a high five

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Änna said...

I hope I don't get desensitized soon. They still crack me up.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hahahaha, i just FINALLY read the "funny story" you told me about so long ago!
i love this child. he is almost as good as the girl who asked me on the first day of school if i brushed my hair, which motivated me to cut it that weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home