That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

promise me that if one of us doesn't make it, the others will still go to the Olympics

I'm sure none of you would call me an athletic person. Due to my lack of lung power and coordination, I have avoided team sports for my entire life. I do, however, enjoy a few sports that don't require running, kicking, throwing, or making any sort of contact with moving objects. This includes:
  • skiing
  • wakeboarding
  • rock climbing
The problem with these sports is that they are mostly seasonal and require more money than say, soccer. Rock climbing is probably my best bet at a sport I could actually commit to and finance. I just need to invest in some shoes and a gym membership, and eventually the other gear.

I've climbed walls several times, but this weekend was my first time climbing outside. I really like rocks. I would like to be a really good climber. It's not an Olympic event, but maybe it will be by London 2012. Four years is enough time for me to go from a novice to the US's best female climber, no?

Hm...

Also, I recently found some photos from when my family climbed Half Dome in Yosemite three years ago. This is probably the most hard-core outdoor accomplishment I will ever have, so I'll use it as motivation.




At the bottom of the dome is a pile of gloves that people reuse to hold onto the cables on their way up. Oh hey, is that a flip-flop in the lower right-hand corner? Somebody hiked all that way in flip-flops? Iiiiinteresting.

4 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

Well, would you like to play badminton in the Olympics with me? That's what I would like to do.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Änna said...

as I recall, badminton requires contact with moving objects. looks like you're on your own, sister. I'll come cheer you on if it doesn't conflict with the climbing competition.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger scott said...

since you have such a long archive link column on your blog, you can see that the lengths of the month names makes a cool wavy pattern. cool.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Änna said...

this is true. I tried to shorten the list, but I don't know how.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home