That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, February 17, 2008

I don't live in the past, I just keep the past alive

RNOTM, in chronological order:

  • listening to Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young and the Everly Brothers every car ride to Massachusetts
  • the overnight train from Rome to Paris and all it entailed
  • when our guests were a seagull and some bees on my own version of Brian Fellow's Safari Planet in senior English (as a teacher, it still shocks me to think of our many glorious uses of 'instructional time' and how that would never fly in a public school)
  • dissecting life and Jack Johnson songs over toffee nut lattes in the middle of Safeway
  • falling asleep to Austin powers 3 regularly
  • Snowshoe...what with the snow football and can crushing and homemade birthday cakes decorated with pretzels ...oooh good times good times
  • getting my roomies hooked on The Office...and consequently YouTube clips of John Krasinski...and watching it nonstop all winter long
  • all my aunts and uncles giving us a "Norwegian goodbye" as we drove off in a rental van
  • dumping red wine on the beach when we saw the police headlights coming our way, only to have them take a good 10 minutes to arrive, and then not care less what we were doing

Maybe it's cheating to have this many at one time, but hey, I'm greedy. "Happiness is" most definitely the common thread between these things.

4 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger jgibbs said...

Hahahaha, I love that last one. Bert's birthday was SO fun.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger heALin said...

RNOTM? I thought about it, can't get it...

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger heALin said...

yes, baby swan. the alligator is a hatchling. who could remember that? i will NOW.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Änna said...

random nostalgia of the moment. I get them a lot, so somewhere along the road I decided to abbreviate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home