That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I swear I don't smell like icing

We made "gingerbread" houses in kindergarten this year. The kids were going nuts, but they did a pretty good job on them. Just a few conversations exchanged:

student: (after I had explicitly stated and the children had clarified several times that we could not eat any of the icing or graham crackers) Can we eat it?
me: No. You may not eat it.
student: Can we smell it?
me: Definitely.
student: (after sniffing the icing up close) It smells like [Miss G]!


student: Are we going to make a gingerbread house man?
me: Well, we're not going to make a gingerbread man, but I do have little gummi bears you can put outside the house and pretend that's the gingerbread man.
student: I want to make them kissing.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger scott said...

haha, nice! i like posts like this one.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Seye said...

her name is maureen thorton, and she does have an older sister.

and she is from columbia.

and she did go to oakland mills hs.
does any of this ring a bell?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

We made graham cracker "gingerbread" houses yesterday. Did you take any pictures? Maybe I'll e-mail you some of mine. I have a funny student story to share with you, too... but it's not from gingerbread house making. It was from a rainy day last week. I will talk to you on the phone soon, though. Love you! Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home