That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

and that will make all the difference?

Ah, New Years: a time to think about fresh starts, new choices, and making things happen.

I've never been a resolution type girl. If you want to do something, do it. Don't act like the change of one digit in the calendar year is really going to be the impetus for some life-altering metamorphosis. But then again, I can appreciate tradition and rituals and the fact that January 1st signifies a type of clean slate. We're only human - we need some kind of landmark to give us a new perspective. Also, it lets us know we're not alone - it's not just a personal time of change, but almost the whole world views this as a new beginning.

In that case, why do I never make resolutions? Perhaps, because I am lazy (read last post). Perhaps because I don't like cliches and doing what everyone else does (get over yourself, Anna). Perhaps because then I will be bound to actually follow through with my resolution, and what if I don't?? Better to have low standards than not meet them, eh?

This year will be no different. I will not be making a list (even a short one) of resolutions. HowEVER, I have been doing some self-reflection, and perhaps 2008 will finally be the year where I find out what I really want, and actually GO AFTER it. I've been taking the path of least resistance for my whole life. I have always figured that every decision is a good one, as long as you make the most of it, so why even make decisions? Que sera sera and all that. However, after college, I realized you have to make your own life. Serendipity's not going to take care of me forever. I must go get what I really want.

Maybe, in 2008, I will figure out what exactly that is.

3 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

this is a fantastic post, anna.

go get em.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Esthertainment said...

agreed.

agreed.

AGREED.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger scott said...

agreed.

just checked my statcounter.. and someone in Bel Air MD definitely was looking at my blog at the exact moment your comment was timestamped! and nobody from Hyattsville was. sorry, I know Harford County sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home