That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

that that that which don't kill me

General consensus is that we should live in the present - carpe diem and all that. Usually I agree. However, the only thing keeping me sane lately is living in the future. I like making plans and looking forward to things. In April, I will have Spring Break. In May, I will fly out to see my sister and nephew. I have other things planned too...

I saw my sister this weekend. She is one of those gorgeous pregnant women who hasn't gotten fat, but rather just very pregnant looking. I felt my nephew. He kicked hard a few times. I already think he's cute.

Also, I have another one of my teaching illnesses, complete with a headache that makes my eyes feel like they're trying to expand through their sockets, neck pain that causes me to turn my entire body when I turn my head, and what my brother has so tastefully called "lung butter." At least it kicked in on the weekend.

My brother has also named me "Auntie Zeek." Kirsten makes a face every time that is mentioned, so it probably won't catch on. I think the alternative is Auntie Anna. Cause Aunt Anna just doesn't roll off the tongue.

7 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger scott said...

pronounced anty or awnty?

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger KGoth said...

I just think he will be able to say your name sooner if it's Auntie Anna. More vowels, less consonants. But, whatever you prefer... and whatever "Bert" picks up. If he makes up his own name for you, you might just have to accept that. I don't think Jan gets to make up what the baby will call you.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, my teacher illness is the stomach thing. you know... where every january it kicks in that i suddenly get stabbing pains almost ulcer like and then can't eat cuz it hurts my stomach to eat? yep, that's what started again yesterday. and i'm sure its teaching related cuz it's happened every january since starting teaching.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Änna said...

1. ahnty
2. I know, that's why I wrote "whatever he ends up calling me" ont he card
3. ooohhh no, that is your body telling you to quit teaching at that school and go abroad

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

i hope the fetal name sticks. just my unbiased opinion.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are really smart. And I love the time we spend together, Auntie Anna.

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home