That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, November 27, 2006

thought of the day

Are we a generation of time wasters?

I know I am not the only one who gets distracted by everything. If I set aside a certain amount of time to do something, I always take the whole time because I get distracted by everything...facebook, watching a candle melt, plucking my eyebrows, refining my music stations, eating when I'm not hungry, uploading pictures, crossword puzzles, sudoku, et cetera. I might have it bad, but everybody does it to a certain extent.

My question is: Is this specific to our generation because we have any number of ridiculously unnecessary stimuli at our fingertips?

I think it's partly that, but it's also just human nature, right, to delay things we don't want to do? I mean, anyone can watch a candle melt. That has nothing to do with technology.

So, for previous generations of time-wasters, what did they do? When there was no internet - what took over people's lives?

3 Comments:

At 1:01 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

I think people used to crochet a lot.

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dunno about crocheting... but knitting.. i mean, i knit now and that plus tv= a grand old waste of time

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sex. there are lots of people in the world... more than has started.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home