That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

humpback whale

note to self: When attending a Halloween party thrown by college graduates, do not expect their adult friends to recognize that you are dressed as an old school TGIF character.

I was supposed to work tonight. But the renters never showed up, so we gave them a call and peaced out. With this newfound freedom, I could now attend Anne and Dana's costume party. The only things was, I had no costume. So I did a little borrowing from the roommates and created the first thing that came to mind.

conversation of the night:
person in their late 20's: And what are you?
me: I'm Topanga Lawrence, from Boy Meets World.
person in their late 20's: Oh...I've never heard of that.
me: Um...it was a TV show in the mid-90's. It was pretty good.
person in their late 20's: So what is that, a target on your face?
me: No, she did this...interpretive dance about the ozone layer. And, put lipstick on her face.

So, the pop culture reference was mostly lost. Whatever, I had 20 minutes to throw together a costume, and I definitely enjoyed it. You know what they say - every time you're not true to yourself, the earth weeps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home