That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

what if I live to be 100?

I'm constantly playing games inside my head to keep myself entertained. The most common is the "what if" game. You know, what if I forgot my credit card? What if I just got up in the middle of the class and started dancing on the table? What if I could say exactly what I wanted to that person? What if the world ended, and the only people left alive were the people in this room right now?

And then there's the ever-popular: what if I had 2 weeks to live? Everyone does that one. I think I'd go to Massachusetts and invite everyone who wanted to make the trip to come hang out there with me on the lake. But honestly, I feel like dying would be getting let off the hook. If you die young, everyone will say that you had so much potential. If you just die, you got a bad deal out of life. But if you live to be 100 and look back and realize you did nothing with your life to make the world a better place, then man, you really screwed up. Living is much scarier than dying.

I don't know, these are the kinds of things I think about. Which also makes me think of a song that I can't tell you how much I love.
I am more afraid of living
Than I am scared to die
I am more afraid of falling
Than I am of flying high

But every moral has a story
And every story has an end
Every battle has its glory
And its consequence

I am more afraid of loving
Than I am of being scorned
Oh but I will keep on trying
Though I've been forewarned

But every moral has a story
And every story has an end
Every battle, every battle has its glory
And its consequence

I would rather, I would rather me be lonely
Than you have someone to hold
I'm not as scared of dying
As I am of growing old

Oh yeah, and I also got to listen to that song the other night at this concert that I had wanted to go to all year, but I was too cheap to buy a ticket until my friend took me to because her dad won free tickets. And I danced and I danced danced to that song. It was very good. Here's a picture:

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Anna! I totally think that too! I think I'm supposed to live to like 80+ because it'd be tough and this is my time to do good things. And dying at like 60 or something I thought would just be a cop out. Cuz then it'd be too easy for you to just not have to do anything. Weird...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home