That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

maybe a tooth isn't an organ, I don't know...it's definitely tissue though

I've started having the teeth dreams again - you know, where my teeth fall right out of my mouth. I don't know if it's because I have some deep fear or anxiety in my life right now, or what. It could just be the fact that I'm working with little kids whose teeth are starting to fall out.

Hm...I've always wanted someone to shed some light on this.

Here's an interesting cultural note though. I was just wondering what the kids in my school do about loose teeth. A lot of their families are from El Salvador or Guatemala or other Central American countries, and I figured they might not do the whole Tooth Fairy deal. I asked them if they do anything with their teeth once they fall out, and they said no. Then I remembered that in church a few weeks ago, a little girl said she got $10 for her tooth.

A natural biological process gets rewarded with that much money? And by a fictional creature that flies around at night harvesting children's dead organs? That's just creepy. Don't even get me started on the Easter Bunny. What weird traditions will we create for children in future generations? Maybe soon we'll pay them for haircuts. And the hair will be taken from under their pillow by...a mermaid or something glamorous like that, and replaced with a $50 bill. Ew.

The US is weird. I should research the history of the Tooth Fairy. Or maybe you can do that and report back to me.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

Wiki says some stuff about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tooth_fairy

The tooth mouse. I bet he could take on the Easter Bunny.

On another note, I have no life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home