That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, July 06, 2006

price of everything, value of nothing

Tomorrow I will go to see the sequel to a movie I didn't really like but everyone else raves about, just so that I can spend time with people I like. I think this is a big step for me. In the past, I have been known to boycott movies that everyone loves just because they're too popular. Instead of simply not watching them, I avoid them religiously. I can't help it. I have this strange addiction to being opposed to things. During conversations about popular TV shows, I always feel the need to throw in that I don't watch them or don't like them. Then I realize that no one really cares what I don't do and I should just keep my mouth shut.

I am anti-stuff.

I'm starting to think maybe this isn't an entirely good thing. Who really cares if I hate certain movies, shows, or bands? The problem is that it extends to more important things too. I tend to define myself by what I'm against. It's easier that way. Maybe if I can tell everyone what I don't believe, I can remain confused about what I do believe. If I let everyone know what I'm against, I guess I don't really have to be for anything. That is horrible. I've always thought I was just picky, but maybe that's not exactly the case.

Do I just know what I like...or do I have absolutely no clue?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home