That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

and I especially like the ones that have jokes on the sticks

That's what we yell back at history, always, always. It wasn't just me; there were crimes strewn six ways to Sunday, and I had my own mouths to feed. I didn't know. I had no life of my own.
And you'll say I did. You'll say I walked across Africa with my wrists unshackled, and now I am one more soul walking free in white skin, wearing some thread of the stolen goods: cotton or diamonds, freedom at the very least, prosperity. Some of us know how we came by our fortune, and some of us don't, but we wear it all the same. There's only one question worth asking now: How do we aim to live with it?

-Barbara Kingsolver

Sometimes I ask myself what I am doing with my life and what I plan on doing with it in the future...and then it's all too much to know what to do with so I go, eat a popsicle or something.

I know how people are, with their habits of mind. Most will sail through from cradle to grave with a conscience clean as snow...I know people. Most have no earthly notion of the price of a snow-white conscience.

3 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh Anna... you are so right on with these posts. Lately the future has been in my head a lot lately... then i get in bed and take a nap, its good.
Also- the ones with the jokes on the sticks are teh best!
-C

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lately-lately... i like when i repeat myself cause i'm too tired to thing.. i wish i could climb in bed right now

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Änna said...

you are too tired to thing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home