That's Right

...it's The End.

Friday, May 26, 2006

garden state

So I'm back from Chapter Camp at Lake Champion. It was a good week, as always. I won't tell you about it now though, so you'll just have to ask me if you want to know.

What I will say is that I had the most awkward gas station experience on the drive home. I thought I was in Pennsylvania, but apparently I was in New Jersey or something, cause when I got out of the car to pump my gas, some little kid came out to do it for me. I was very uncomfortable with that. Was I supposed to get back in the car and just chill there while he did the work? As it was, we kinda did it together since I had already started. I'm pretty sure that's taboo. I didn't know how to pay either, cause there was no place for credit cards. So I went inside to pay for it, and they just ignored me until I realized I was supposed to wait until it was finished pumping. Then the kid came back out and took my card inside. I felt like I was supposed to tip him or something, but all I wanted to do was pump my own gas and pay for it in peace!

To my friends from Jersey - I'm sorry; I just don't understand your culture, and it kinda weirds me out. Next time I need gas, I'm making sure I know what state I'm in!

3 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knoooow the feeling... i avoid getting gas there whenever poss.
-c

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

non-self-service doesn't make sense to me.

you must have been FLYING... because we sure were and you were only a few minutes back from us.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Änna said...

ps: it WAS Pennsylvania, a sneaky gas station in Shohola

 

Post a Comment

<< Home