That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Massachusetts - the early years

the lake

There it is...Stiles Reservoir. My home. Look at the bottom half of the lake. At the point furthest left on that half, there is a kind of rectangular piece of water cutting into the land. To the right of that and through the trees sits our cottage. The speck on the water in front of that house is our dock. The big island is Ropeswing Island, and the little islands on the right are the Blueberry Islands.



the sibs

my brudder and me on our deck


Who had more style:
Brita...

...or Kirsten?



the landmarks

me and my second-cousin-not-so-once-removed Bethany in the hammock

Jan going off the ropeswing...I like how this one looks like a painting

One time my dad woke me up really early to watch the sunrise. He put a mattress, blankets, and cocoa in the canoe. If you look closely, you can see my happy morning face.

me

And this is what brings me back every year - just the lake itself. I'm only two or three in this picture, but that's who I am. That's everything you need to know. Floating on my back in the lake in my little orange swimmy, forever.




3 Comments:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

what a gorgeous lake

is brita missing her two front teeth in that picture?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Änna said...

sure is, to both

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, did you know that one of my favorite things is seeing pictures of people I know as little kids??? I want to float in a lake right now too!
- Taylor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home