That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

it was good while it lasted, Japanese Pan Noodles

I got caught. It was one of the most horrifying emails ever.


You see, last semester, I signed up for
Noodlegrams - these lovely promotional emails that occasionally include the offer of a free meal at Noodles, one of my favorite dining establishments. Well after awhile, I got tired of waiting for more free dishes and decided I should just create another account with another email address. After all, they don't have my SS#, and who's to say there aren't 2 people with my name in College Park? (You have to use your real name because you are technically supposed to show ID when you pick up your meal.)

It worked well for awhile. I got another free dish, and I was looking forward to many more years of random Noodlegrams, birthday platters, and whatever surprises awaited me on my Noodlegram anniversaries! And then I received this email...


**************************************************************
Noodlegram Membership
**************************************************************
Dear Anna,

Our security system has identified you as having more than one Noodlegram membership or having redeemed an offer more than once. As a result, our email system has terminated all of your memberships.

If you feel that this is an error, please email guestrelationssupport@fishbowl.com

Sincerely,
Noodles & Company Customer Service

**************************************************************

That was a blow. How could I have been so stupid? It was too late to go back, so I figured I had a few options. Either forget the whole thing and kiss my Noodlegrams goodbye, try to convince them that they have no proof that I am in fact the same Anna, or put a little faith in the sense of humor and kindness of the good people at Noodles.
I chose option #3.

Dear Noodles & Company,

I sincerely apologize for my abuse of your system. I did indeed receive Noodlegrams at 2 separate email addresses. Although it is no excuse, it was my extreme love of Noodles dishes that drove me to such behavior.

I have always been a fan of your superb cuisine, excellent service, and wonderful promotions. (I was, in fact, one of the People's Choices for Asparagus Queen in May 2005. I am now thankful that I did not win the competition, as creating duplicate Noodlegram memberships while in office would have brought dishonor to the title of Asparagus Queen.)

It was wrong of me to take advantage of the generosity your company provides. I now humbly ask forgiveness and the chance to renew one Noodlegram membership. Whether or not you grant me this request, I shall always remain a faithful customer and Noodle Lover.

With many apologies,
Anna
Former Noodle Fraud
Keep your fingers crossed. And go sign up for Noodlegrams. Once.

**UPDATE** I got another Noodlegram!!! No email in response though. I wonder if they appreciated my apology. Hurray!

5 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy noodles Anna... you just made my day, i havent read this in so long it was fun to catuch up on your thoughts
hope your hoco summer is swell
-C

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

quite clever... way to pull the people's choice card

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Änna said...

ha, thanks all...but they haven't responded...perhaps the Noodles people are not amused

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anna, you are definitely the most hilarious person I know.

I am going to Lake Champion next week! I will think of you always when drinking sweet tea. Maybe I can steal you a loaf of bread.

Taylor

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

sweet... congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home