That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

can dogs even get asthma?

Tonight, we had a little nerd meeting. One more link in the blogosphere. Five people having a conversation, one of whom I was meeting for the first time, realized we all stalk each other.

The thing about being a stalker is, you can handle it in a few ways:
  1. You can be upfront about it.
    "So I noticed that at 5:40 am this morning, you were really worried about your dog's asthma. Is everything okay?"
  2. You can feign ignorance.
    "Yeah, we were at hospital with my dog all night."
    "Dude, what's wrong with your dog?!"
  3. You can feign ignorance, and then be upfront.
    "I didn't get any sleep last night."
    "Why not?"
    "I was at the hospital with my dog."
    "Yeah, I saw the x-rays of his lungs!"
I am personally an option 3 kinda girl. So anyways, Farrell's friend Tony spoke at IV tonight about using what we've been given to make a difference in the world. I met him afterwards, and he said, "Are you the one who had a crazy shiver in the middle of my talk?"
Oh man.
"I remembered you talking about it before," he said, "and then there it was!" Once again, this was the first time I had ever met him. People are known for many things. This is my curse. I am the shivering girl.

But I digress. Another way you can handle blogging, as Tony does, is to meet other random people in Arizona who have blogs, and then they'll ask you to come visit them and speak to some high schoolers, and fly you out for free.

I try not to talk about my blog too much, cause it's kinda embarrassing, but if this is a community of people who buy other people plane tickets cause they like what they have to say, then I am just gonna have to start checking out some Parisian blogs. Maybe I can win someone over with my American wit.

Eiffel Tower, here I come!

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

I am kind of an option type person, except with a slight variation. I try to let the person finish their story, and let them realize later that I know their life through stalking.

"So my dog had asthma attack last night."
"Oh, I see"
"Yeah, it was pretty bad we had to go to the... oh wait, that's right. I posted about this in my blog. Creep."

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger tony sheng said...

haha! nerd meeting - you are so right.

good luck with the paris plan, let me know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home