That's Right

...it's The End.

Friday, October 07, 2005

hope none of my non-friends are reading this

My new favorite thing to do at work is listen to a cappella from the balcony while rain pours down on the roof above me. It's amazing.

They've all been here a lot recently, making for some awkward moments as I repeatedly run into all my a cappella acquaintances. We've got the type of relationships where we pretend not to really know each other. Since I've worked several a cappella concerts in the last few weeks, they probably think I live here. Which I guess I do.

I kinda got nostalgic for the time Lindsey, Ena, and I went shopping in Georgetown freshman year. We ran into the Faux Paz, and they invited us to go to Johnny Rocket's with them. The waiter gave us a weird look, since the three of us had already been there that day, but we probably gave him a weird look when he started dancing in the middle of the restaurant as we, along with a group of girls from Howard, serenaded him with our rendition of Rockin' Robin. It was a good night.

It's weird, all the people I meet, all the mutual friends we have, but to this day, I see them on campus and we pretend we don't know each other. I love people, but it takes a lot to become friends with me.

So I sit in the balcony by myself, watching the Generics and Faux Paz, and get nostalgic for the first two years of my college life and all my a cappella-filled memories.

And the rain, especially, is a nice touch. So yeah, that's my new favorite thing. Almost as good as singing in the front of the Chapel after everyone's left and hearing my own terrible voice echoing throughout the entire place. I mean, it's a close call.

3 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

You work way too much.

I also enjoy the chapel balcony (rail side, left)... and a capella... and rain sounds. And your voice is not terrible. You sing so much, how could it be? :)

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i saw you there, but you disappeared like the phantom of the opera several times.

-Rob

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Änna said...

yeah, I was all over the place last night, didn't see you

and I usually sit on the right side of the balcony, or in back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home