That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, May 02, 2010

maybe I'll never be ready for that, or maybe I need to bite the bullet

I had every intention of enjoying the sunshine today. But when I got back from breakfast, I just crashed. Maybe it was a combination of heat and constant dehydration throughout the weekend. Either way, I don't do well in 90 some degree weather in the absence of a pool, and all I could do for the last several hours was just lie on my bed and drift in and out of dreams. What a waste of a day.

Anyway, I had one particularly vivid dream. I went to a new church, and before I went in to the room where they were having the service, I saw a person from my past who I never want to see again. I was about to bolt out of the building, but I think this person saw me, and I didn't want them to know I was running away. Instead, I went downstairs to the bathroom to collect my thoughts. As I was running, I began to fly down the stairs. It was more of a really really slow fall, but my body was suspended in the air for a while as I tried to control where I was going. Instead, I was kind of careening down the winding stairwell by sheer momentum, which also carried me in this flying/falling state into the bathroom, whose doors I tried to shut, but they just kept swinging around with the same kind of momentum. I felt like I was accomplishing my goal of getting where I wanted to be, but I was very out of control.

I wish I had felt good today and enjoyed the last day of my weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home