That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I finally had a day off!

I love religious architecture. Architecture will be my career in my next life. I don't think it's one of those things you can just pick up without years of school, so...there's that. Anyway, I took my first trip to the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception this weekend. I get a thrill every time I say its name!


I could've stayed in the Crypt Church downstairs for hours. It's so quiet, and there are tiny little prayer chapels hidden in every corner.


This is upstairs, in the Upper Church.


Kirsten took a picture of the dark-skinned Mary and Jesus. I freaking love icons.


The colors are gorgeous.


I took a few shots of the angry Jesus.



A thousand points to anyone who can tell me why He's so upset.


All joking aside, I really want to know.


I'll have to go back soon!

3 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger anadangel said...

agh! who did you go with? that's my neighborhood! =o(

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Änna said...

I know! I kept thinking of you guys down the street. I went with my sister.

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jules said...

come back on another day i am there! or we could go together some day. i've only been inside the basillica once and never in the basement. it's gorgeous to have on campus though. our main graduation ceremony is actually held on the east steps which i think will be pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home