That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

hi Grandma!!!

So, I just found out exciting news...my grandma reads my blog! Just a few years ago, she didn't even have a computer, and now she is navigating people's blogs and following links to new ones. That's awesome. Apparently when Brita and my dad visited her, Brita set up bookmarks to all her grandchildren's sites.

My grandma, Ellen, gave birth to 11 children, raised them on a farm in Minnesota (and some off a farm), and taught in a one-room schoolhouse. My earliest memories involving her are of forcing her to read me way more books than she actually wanted to. She has more grandchildren and great-grandchildren than I can even count, though I have tried at times.

So thanks, Grandma, for being a faithful reader! I am impressed. While you're on the internet, you may or may not want to join facebook. It's a little overwhelming, but there is a pretty sweet family group that Kirsten made and that all of your offspring are joining. We posted some classic old pictures we found. But seriously, it is pretty overwhelming.

Here is a not so old picture from December, 2006:



3 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

HILarious! Grandma joining facebook. Now that I would love to see. If anyone her generation could do it, she could!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Claire said...

Aw, I love that your gram reads your blog!
Cuuute.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger LuAnn said...

Yes, she always said "Finns have sisu" (finnish word meaning moxy, tenacity, stick-to-it-tiveness, determination), and grandma certainly is an example of that finnish sisu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home