That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

like Wile E. Coyote, I too will bounce back

I have been told that weird stuff happens to me. I never believed it. Everytime something interesting would happen to me, people like Bert would say, "Only to you," and I would say, "No, little things like this happen to everybody. You just need to be easily amused by small things and then tell stories about them; it makes your life sound more interesting." Stuff like hawks flying through the window, having random conversations with characters on the metro, getting flat tires every week. Random junk that happens to everybody, right?

So I thought. Now, however, I am convinced that I am a magnet for weird experiences. And it's not because I lead a crazy life. I don't. I am a hermit. I go to school, then I hide out in my room trying to plan for the next few days. Then, bam, the minute I leave the house, I find myself in the twilight zone. Of all the times I could possibly be in a given place, it just so happens that a coincidence is waiting around the corner at the exact moment I turn it. No, you will not find out on here what things are happening to me. Let's just say I feel like the unexpecting cartoon character who gets hit in the head with a stray anvil.

Anyway...in other news, I practiced cartwheels in the Chapel today. I just had the urge when I started down that long, empty aisle. And then I realized, I haven't done a cartwheel in years. So I tried one. It was like one of those little kid cartwheels, where your legs are tucked up above you instead of straight out, as if you're afraid of going too far from the ground. Clearly, that was unacceptable, so I tried again. Soon I was kind of getting the hang of it back, since it's been about 10 years since I cartwheeled (what a sad realization). Man, am I sore. Also, my wrists are shaking. They can't handle the pressure.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger Bertronium said...

you pegged me. actually you pegged me pegging you. don't think about it too hard.

i'm glad this resource exists for the time being so that i can learn about cartwheeling adventures. cheerio.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like your stories. they're the little joys of life. i just have really big great news or really big bad news. i like the little joys. i rather prefer the little joys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home