That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

heresy

I heard this old story before
where the people keep on killing for their metaphors, but
don't leave much up to the imagination, so
I wanna give this imagery back
but I know it just ain’t so easy like that
so I turn the page and read the story again
and again and again
so we went and heard that preacher
he described in detail every sin
and everyone else on the wrong path
and I began to wonder when
religion got so competitive?
and could one really get fired up
about winning at the pursuit of loving everyone?
knock knock, going door to door
to tell you that their metaphor’s better than yours
and you can either sink or swim, and things are looking pretty grim
if you don’t believe in what they're spoon feeding
ain't got no feeling, so I read it again and again and again
you can quote me scripture
about who gets into Heaven
and I will say the kingdom is at hand
you can play the Pharisee, point out the rules I broke,
the heresies
but Jesus was a rebel all the same
and you can’t take Him away from me
you can’t take Him away from me
just by dropping his name again and again
You can't take Him away from me

credit to Jack Johnson and some chick named Anne Heaton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home