That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Christmas time is here!

just a list of my Christmas playlist wishlist
(some songs you should check out...my top picks of course, and if anyone wants to send me these files, that would be amazing cause mine all got deleted)

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen:
b
y Barenaked Ladies and Sarah MacLachlan...this is definitely at the top of my list, cause it is just so beautiful

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer:
now Tiff told me she hates this song, and I would have to agree...until I heard Jack Johnson's version...it's got a different feel and a plot twist...cause honestly, the original version teaches that if other people make fun of you, you should get a famous friend and become popular...and you know Jack Johnson's just not about that

Oh Holy Night:
I've always tried to find Dana Glover's version of this cause I heard it live and it was the most beautiful thing ever...if you can't find that, then try Mariah Carey's version (if you like her old stuff, which of course I do)...this is pretty much my favorite song, so I like lots of versions of it...John Akers recommended Seven Day Jesus' version and it really grew on me, then I can't remember if maybe the TransSiberian Orchestra has one? I don't remember, look it up

Baby, It's Cold Outside:
the original version may have been by Bing Crosby and some chick? I'm not sure...so not necessarily Christmas, but definitely a good one for the season

Carol of the Bells:

from Home Alone...whenever I'm excited about Christmas but feel like I havea lot of work to get done, I put this on to motivate myself...like when Kevin was setting up all those booby traps...it's just a good feeling

Peanuts Christmas music:

you know, "snowflakes in the air"...sooo mellow

Oh Little Town of Bethlehem:

Jewel's version...just pretty

Hark the Herald Angels Sing:

I actually don't know of a specific version though

basically, this is some of the stuff I used to have on my compy...mostly classic carols with some twists, but if you want Christmas pop, you could always go with Winter Wonderland or All I Want for Christmas is You or Santa Baby and stuff like that...not hard to find on your own

just because I'm a high/low kinda girl, some songs I would NOT recommend:
  • Last Christmas by George Michael
  • whatever that one is that has the line "whoop de doop, and dickory dock, and don't forget to hang up your sock"
  • The Christmas Song, aka Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...I dunno, it just annoys me
  • patriotic Christmas songs (Alleluia! Alleluia! America!)
  • other songs disguised as Christmas songs...you know, where the word Christmas is randomly thrown into a trite love song in attempts to make it a hit of the holiday season

Well, that's my review for the season, although I may add more.

7 Comments:

At 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I 've totally got you (mostly) covered. I'm sending you everything except Oh Little Town of Bethlehem and the Dana Glover version of Oh Holy Night. So someone else can take those. ;)

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

You can use Cdigix. It's a completely free service through the school. Only thing is that you can't take the music off of your computer (ie. no ipod or burning CDs).

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

oh, yeah I'll be downloading these immediately. Thanks for the suggestions!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Änna said...

no, Cdigix didn't work for me when I tried to download it last year

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Änna said...

and thanks Jenn!

 
At 1:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

after downloading a few songs yesterday, i heard BNL's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen in the commons shop today. yaay.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

I love the Barenaked Ladies version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen tooooooooo, it's lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home