That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

just brushin up on some skills

This is my ode to tryptophan
One fine amino acid
Consuming it in large amounts
Will make you feel quite placid

You'll curl up on a comfy couch
And try to watch the game
But soon your eyelids won't stay up
And tryptophan's to blame

This is my ode to giblets
Those frozen, packaged guts
For gizzards, livers, necks, and hearts
Just reach up birdie butts

No one knows quite what to do
With all those juicy niblets
So toss em out or heat em up
It's your choice with the giblets

This is my ode to wishbones
Those sternums that you break
They've brought me years of happiness
And wishes I can make

So grab a side and grab a friend
And yank that bone in two
And if the top stays on your half
The wishbone favors you

This is my ode to stuffing yourself
To dark meat and to white
To wings and thighs and drumsticks
To breasts, both left and right

All this is just metonymy
So if my point is murky:
I do adore Thanksgiving fowl
This is my Ode to Turkey



4 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger ~nathan~ said...

you brought me to tears

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so there i was... thinking about thanksgiving... and how that means i can start playing my Christmas music... when i decided why wait 3 days, and pumped up Mariah's "All I want for Christmas is You"

Brit heard it easily from across teh hall and said "Its like a throw back to the Cumb 2 days"... too true

Also, I enjoyed your odes a lot

 
At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You astound me.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Änna said...

thanks guys...AAAHHH I wanna throwback to Cumb 2 days

so when are you gonna arrange this reunion???
you've got 3 of the most important Cumb2ers in one place, so put your heads together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home