That's Right

...it's The End.

Monday, November 28, 2005

A Very Cumb 2 Christmas

Picture it: College Park, 2003.
That time in between Thanksgiving Break and Winter Break, and the most fabulous freshmen on campus are spending every waking moment preparing, not for exams, but for the floor decorating competition.

(photos courtesy of Emily although she probably didn't know I had them)




some of the doors...

Emily and Irene pay homage to a claymation classic.

Jamie and Sheena's door was a wishlist...I actually think John Stamos is on there.

I found another Rudolph on Lindsey and Ena's door!

Kim and Ellen went all out with a hearth.

Close up of the letter to Santa...clever.
(kiss)
I think it says Brittany and Colleen.


Uh oh...Santa is boring a hole through the wall above Sarah and Laura's door with his bare hands!


I don't remember whose door this is, but it makes me feel all peaceful.

Candy and Brielle are repping the Christmukkah!

Just Hanukkah for Mindy and Michelle!

Home Sweet 2154! Looking back, I'm slightly ashamed that this was all I did to my and Delia's door.

Casey, on the other hand, poured her heart and soul into Santa's Workshop in her and Nikia's room.
Vanessa even set up a little tree outside her and Indra's room, complete with cookies and milk for Santa...and a fridge full of cold ones maybe?

I was about to mock the person who made the played out "write like a little kid" note...then I realized, yeah it was definitely me.

no bathroom was left untouched...




not only did we have a slender Santa...
but the boy's pocket boasted...Dreidel Man!!!


some of the murals...

Emily worked hard on that one.

Everyone added a snowflake!
The girls' pocket mural, pre-poetry...

...aaaand post!!!



Well, I can't promise that Cumb 2 will ever be as awesome as the days when it was graced with the presence of Alpha Phi Chi, but I know for certain that our spirit still lingers in that hall. And I know this because when I walk by, I see that they never washed the fake snow off the south pocket window.

Aaaah, Cumb 2!

5 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha I did NOT know you had my pictures, but I'm glad you put them up! By the way, I don't think I worked on that mural... I did, however, spend a lot of time on Skinny Santa.

- Emily

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and that was about a week after I got my digital camera, so there are probably even more pictures somewhere on my computer.

- Emily (again)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Änna said...

oooh I remembered wrong

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Taylor said...

I believe whole-heartedly that something magical lingers in the air of cumb2. I have such amazing memories from the year before when I lived there that I honestly almost cry when I think of them! However I am jealous that you had a floor decorating competition because we did not! We didn't even get to have a Halloween one, so we went over to Easton and lent out our inflatable Bruce the Shark as a killer Jaws-type for their bathroom. Anyway, I think happy magic fairies live in the cleaning closet on that floor!!!!!

 
At 12:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yessssss!! you just make my day!
-Claire

 

Post a Comment

<< Home