That's Right

...it's The End.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I'm using my telekinesis to kill the girl who dumped pig blood on me at the prom

Yesterday I was having a really good psychic day. I just kept predicting things. For instance, I figured that the one day we were going to rent Danny Deckchair, it wouldn't be there. So of course, it was not on the shelf when we arrived. Who watches random Australian movies that only have one copy on the shelf? On a Wednesday?? What are the odds! Darn you Blockbuster and your cursed no late fee policy!
On our way there, I told Jennifer I had the feeling that I was going to run into someone I knew. This usually happens when I go to Columbia Mall, but we were in Olney last night, so she was skeptical. But looo and behold, we went into CVS on a whim, and there was Taylor! Again, the odds! What a good surprise. Almost made up for missing Danny Deckchair. (I can just tell it was gonna be Oscar quality.) But I did get to see Shawshank, since I never had before.
And then, on the way home, I heard a familiar voice while scanning the radio and stopped it quickly. It was Jason Reynolds. Okay, that's not me being psychic as much as in love. And if anyone reading this right now is friends with him, don't mention this. That would just be awkward. Me and my Diner crushes.
Then today, we got a fax at work, and I thought oh man, I hope it's from [a certain groom] and it waaaas! Yeah, that might also be because he told me he'd fax something a while ago. But I usually know when the phone is for me at home, and often I can tell the gender of the caller, just from the first ring.

Do I have more than 5 senses or is this all just unimpressive coincidence?

5 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

where's that title quote from? or is that original, cause that would be pretty funny.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the quote is from "carrie".. well it's not a quote so much as you can tell she's thinking it when she goes on the rampage.

- emily

p.s.
i knew that was you in the car today, anna - that's *my* 6th sense working.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Änna said...

no, Em, you gave me a confused look...and I didn't know how to sign "it's me, Anna" to you from the car

and the title is not a quote from Carrie as much as a quote from Superstar, when Mary Catherine Gallagher is trying to be Carrie

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Änna said...

oh, I hope that comment didn't make me sound like a jerk who always has to be right

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my "confused look" can be attributed to the sunlight and the fact that i had just spent 6 hours in RJ Bentley's.. i recognized your car after a second.

no, i feel like a jerk who always has to be right since i've never seen Carrie OR Superstar.

- emily

 

Post a Comment

<< Home