That's Right

...it's The End.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

weekend hlh

As much as I dread working 13 hour shifts all weekend, I really do love my job. (WARNING: this may be boring for people who don't care about weddings, so STOP reading now)

highs:
  • stalking the couples beforehand (my boss loved the idea...and she even asked if I ever Google them) and working in the office and making all the pre-wedding calls really pays off...I felt like I kinda knew them, making the weddings that much more fun
  • one of the brides singing Love Shack for her bridal march at the rehearsal...I love it when couples don't take themselves too seriously and get freaked out (this couple met while she was putting away her underwear on the first day in their new dorms...so says theknot.com)
  • being given the job of wedding coordinator and holding the doors open and telling all the bridesmaids and groomsmen when to go down the aisle
  • Emily letting me sleep on her couch so I didn't have to go home...and seeing that she had the Valentine poem I wrote for her taped to her wall! and apparently I also wrote one for her last summer, and her mom made copies and put one in her office! I should go into business
  • all the Terps 4 Life vibes floating around...one groom works for the athletics department...their reception was at Comcast, and their colors were white, black, and red (the bride even had red trim on her gorgeous dress), and the organist played the fight song for the recessional...but still oh so classy
  • running around fixing the pew clip SNAFU when the bride had screwed up and the florist was mad...I like feeling like I'm saving the day
  • John stopping by the house to visit me...and planning to take a trip rafting on The Cheat
lows:
  • well...I guess I never really like filling the candles with oil or getting attitude from people in the wedding...please, it's not that much for us to ask you to audition before you play our organ
huhs:
  • one of the brides gluing silk flower petals to every inch of the entire 100 foot aisle runner, since you're not allowed to drop anything on the floor
  • oh yeah, and, my turtle barked at me today...Dana did he ever bark at you?


home sweet home, haha

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

What... 6 this weekend? You should keep a summer grand total count... though it does seem a bit late for that now.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Änna said...

well...I could always look at old schedules...but grand total I'm gonna estimate 500, give or a take a few hundred

 
At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I catalog things entirely too much... I found your other "summer" poem in my Word documents:

Emily, don't do your lab report
these summer nights are getting short
so go outside and run around
Mechanicsburg, your little town
catch some lightning bugs in a jar
or just head down to the local bar
watch a movie, make a s'more
cause homework is too much of a bore

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No! I've never heard Mr. Poopers make a sound! I wanna hear him make noise!

P.S. I saw a frog at the Keech farm and it was sooooooooo cute! I chased it. Jeremy picked it up and got peed on and apparently it burned. (glad I didn't pick it up)

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Änna said...

ha, that's not even my best work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home