That's Right

...it's The End.

Saturday, May 08, 2010

I hear it's not cool to sing along, but I don't even care

I know I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

People have told me that interesting things happen in my life that don't happen to other people. I always told them that it was just a perception thing, and it only seemed like my life was extra interesting, because I like to see it that way and tell it that way. However, at some point I just started agreeing. Interesting things happen to me. And now I've started to believe that I will them into existence. This weekend, I really felt like the world revolved around me. There was just too much serendipity.

  • running into several people that I've met once before, including but not limited to the guy who lent us a shovel during the blizzard and the people dressed as Yip Yips at Halloween
  • notable celebrity sightings: John Waters and Geof from Ace of Cakes (Seriously, once I befriend them, I'll have to remove all these creepy references.)
  • the icing on the cookie cake of a weekend: receiving last minute, through a strange series of events, tickets to the sold out Beach House show that I'd been trying to get for months
In many of the above cases, I had literally said, "I hope ____ happens. I think it will." I mean, I told myself I was going to one day meet the Yip Yips and find out who they were. Standing in line for the concert, which was miraculous to begin with, I heard the person behind me say to her friend, "These guys were the Yip Yips on Halloween." And there you have it. Smalltimore shrinks once again.



My life is one big "huh" moment, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger KGoth said...

You're really scary in that picture


minati

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Änna said...

why thank you. I'm a Prombie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home