That's Right

...it's The End.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I think you mean 'registered sex offender,' and I hope not

One of my favorite features of the meter on this blog is that I can tell what searches link people to my site. I've mentioned before that the most common search phrase that directs people here is "random shivers." Recently, two new phrases have become quite popular: "Baltimore hipsters" and "Ace of Cakes hipsters." After my car trouble story, I just found out that someone was referred here by the following search:

"can pediphiles drive tow trucks"

Ha! It's funny that some people misunderstand how search engines work and phrase their searches as questions, as if the answer is going to pop up. Yes they can. No they cannot.

I can just imagine the situation.
under 18-year-old on the phone: Dad, my car broke down. Can you call me a tow truck?
father of caller: Uh...hang on. Let me Google something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home