That's Right

...it's The End.

Friday, December 14, 2007

beeeeeaaaaarrrs eeeaaaaaat meeeaaaaaaat

My kids made me laugh the other day. You might think, teaching kindergarten, that I would be laughing all day long. However, when it's just your life, you tend to get a little desensitized to the funny stuff.

So, a group of kids was reading together on the carpet, and they all started reading a class book we made in unison. In a ghost voice.

Beeeeeaaaaarrrrs eeeaaaat beeeeerrrriiieeessssss. Beeeeaaaaarrs eeeeaaaaat buuuuuuuuugsssss.

I don't know why it struck me as so funny, out of all the things they do every day. Maybe I was just happy that they were reading out loud independently. Maybe it was because they were cooperating. Or maybe it was just so genuinely weird. Ghost voices? Whose idea was that, anyway.

I like them.
Also, they voted to title the book Bears Eat Different Kinds of Things.

4 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you said, 'a group of kids was'. you go to my schoo, don't you?

~Dana

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Änna said...

wait, are you criticizing my grammar? because that sentence is actually impeccable. 'group' is the singular subject, which is in agreement with the verb 'was'. 'of kids' is simply a modifier of 'group.' pssshhh, don't mess with my grammar.

now, capitalization - that is a different story.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger jgibbs said...

Aw- your kids are adorable- I'm glad you had a day of laughter!

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Seye said...

hah, i questions the same things as dana when i readed that sentence. then i stopped for a moment and thought it through and realized that it be proper grammar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home