That's Right

...it's The End.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I like Laura's dreams better

I don't know if it's the fact that all my friends and family are getting engaged, or if it's that we've been having Office marathons in our house, and Pam had a bad engagement, but something in my subconscious gave me a weird dream the other night.

I was engaged to some guy (kind of resembled B.J. Novak, oddly enough), but I didn't really love him. My engagement ring was a huge blue rock (not a diamond, because I do not want a diamond) that was about the size and shape of a Ring Pop. In my dream I went to a party that was hosted by my good friend Julie, but when I got there, I realized it was originally supposed to be an engagement party for her and her fiance. They had broken it off, and he had since proposed to me. Julie had therefore changed it into an engagement party for me and her ex. It was very awkward. She had made a slideshow of our relationship, but it turns out we hadn't been together that long, so there weren't a lot of good pictures to show. And as I was watching the pathetic slideshow, I started to wonder, how did I come to be engaged to this guy? I don't even remember. I don't like him; I barely know him, and here I am stealing him and a party filled with people that were originally invited cause they only know Julie.

That's all I remember of the dream. It was kind of disturbing, except for the Ring Pop part, which was pretty cool.

Interpretations are always welcome.

1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Bertronium said...

i like how a pathetic slideshow can be a good indicator of a lame engagement... that makes a lot of sense and i'll probably be thinking about that whenever i see one from here on

 

Post a Comment

<< Home